Tags

For Fire or Insect?







So, recently I was relaxing in my kitchen making Tilapia and Edamame for myself and a friend to eat when I noticed the light outside the window was glowing with an orange tint. After a quick tour of the front yard I saw a fire off in the distance on the next mountain over from my home. Of course, I ran inside to grab my camera and document the scene! I quickly learned that these mountain fires are a common trait of Utah life and relaxed a bit. 


Well, as it often does, my attention was taken by another object to photograph. Directly in front of me lining the small brown fence on the edge of the mountain was an insect begging to have his picture taken! Not being able to resist the urge, I politely obliged him :) I had all but forgotten about the raging fire across the way when I realized I had an entire series of photographs of this little bug and his home flower! How sweet,” I thought, “that even during dreary moments of destruction of life and habitat, that just across the way in the midst of the smokey ash thrives a healthy and lively bunch of God’s creation, even oblivious of the possible future danger.” 


Take time to embrace your life. Appreciate the now. Welcome the future. 

3 comments:

sounds like the life we are all leading. AS LDS we go about the bussle of life tending to our duties will the rest of civization burn with their sins and inquities. I guess that is how I saw your little story and applied to life in the last days.
I love the pics. as always

Anonymous said...

wow- that was deep. I've got to go rest now.

Cynderella said...

I think this is a great lesson on the beauty of god, how God is in all things, even those that appear ugly or dangerous. And i'm glad you're one of those special people who can see the big and small of God's creation and the beauty in it.

About Me

Blogger Template by Clairvo