Deja's Wedding Day






Photos: 1- Me & Benton with his brothers and their girlfriends (Jesse & Stephanie, Zach & Krista, Landon & Ashley) and Grandpa & Grandma Lunt at the wedding reception. 2- Me & Benton kissing at the reception. (this photo removed for obvious reasons) 3- The wedding cake. 4,5,6,7,8- Deja & Danny at the Manti Temple after being sealed. Ok, so I attended the Sealing and reception of Deja Lunt (Benton's sister) & Danny Young on June 5th 2008. It was a beautiful wedding and, of course, I couldn't resist the urge to bring my camera! I took some decent shots at the wedding, but I was fighting with the hired photographer on shots and she wasn't too happy about it, lol. We finally came to a truce at the end of the reception... how convenient, lol. Ok, so she honestly wasn't doing anything I wouldn't do. I was a photog moving in on her territory! The most important thing is that Deja got fabulous wedding photos and I'm confident the hired photographer was able supply.
I waited in the waiting room at the Manti temple while everyone went inside to witness the Sealing. You all know I cannot attend a sealing yet, but one day I will be endowed and able to witness and be a part of those sacred ordinances. So, I was there to support the family, be with Benton and to take extra photos for Deja. Even though I was in the waiting room the spirit was still extremely strong and I was moved to tears multiple times. Just the sheer thought that I was sitting in a holy temple of the Lord sent chills racing up and down my spine. It was also a time of reflection for me. I thought of ways to improve myself and ways I could better serve the Lord. I thought of things in my life that need refinement and of the woman I want to be, and I felt as though she was in reach. It is one of the best feelings imaginable... being in the temple. I'm pleased I was able to go even if I wasn't able to attend the sealing because it was an experience I needed to have.
Benton and I rode up to Manti, Utah with his grandparents. It was interesting. Grandpa and Grandma Lunt are two of the most spiritually in-tune people I have met in the church. They have been on six missions together, as well as Grandpa Lunt serving a mission as a young single adult before he met his wife. The first three missions they went on together were on their own desire to serve the Lord. The last three missions they served were direct calls from the first presidency! Grandpa Lunt is also a Patriarch and a Sealer. He was able to seal Deja & Danny at the temple.
It was a lot of fun meeting Benton's family members and friends. I love them all and they each have something special to bring to the table. Benton and I enjoyed a sweet dance together at the reception and were able to just enjoy being together for the day. This was the first sealing Benton has ever been to and he said it was nothing short of incredible. I long for the day when I will be able to make my way into a sealing room.
Being able to be at the temple and hearing how Benton spoke of being able to witness such a sacred ordinance made me realize even more the permanence of marriage in the church. What a huge blessing it is to be able to be sealed for all eternity and to know that the person you love now is also going to be loving you forever. It also made me think about the choice that we make here on Earth and how important choosing the right companion really is. I mean, this is eternity! A person better make sure they are able to embrace those little vexations from their partner before they say the big mouthful, "I do!"









6 comments:
YEs am the first to reply! Wahoo!
I must say I agree with you ! THose pics are awesome!!!!!!Really Awesome! One day I hope to Half as good as you! :) The angles are amazing! I need way more practice! I wish I was there so we could go and take pics like the old days! I sure do miss ya but This way I ca feel alittle closer to ya through blogging! I love you and you know that! Missin ya like crazy! Weena
Hey Steph...So I tried to comment before but it wouldn't let me. So we'll see if it does today. I'm glad you got to witness thier special day. The Temple is an amazing place. I am so happy you will be getting your endowments soon! I will be looking forward to many temple trips together! Love you
Ash
give me more of your story!!!!!!
Time to update and add more stuff! lv you Weeena
Seriously when are you going to change your blog??????
I LOVE THE PIC AT THE TOP!!! THAT WAS FROM TODAY right? Well i love it so far!!1 keep going!
Post a Comment